Soil Testing Services
MB Laboratories Ltd. offers a complete line of soil testing services. Soil testing is the most accurate guide to your crop’s fertilizer requirements. A regular soil testing program will allow you to increase productivity and save money by utilizing the existing fertility already present in your soil.
Important Elements in Soil Fertility
- The application of lime neutralizes soil that is too acidic (low pH). It also provides calcium and makes other nutrients available to plants.
- Various plants require Nitrogen at different levels. Nitrogen can be added to the soil. Sandy soils normally require more Nitrogen than clay soils.
- Often present in the soil but not always in a form that plants can use.
- Deficient on many soils, Boron is required only in trace amounts. It can be added to the soil as long as the existing levels are low.
Some Commonly Asked Questions
- Collect samples from the top 8 inches (20 cm) of soil. For large areas collect soil from 10 different sites per acre. Collect these samples in clean pail.
- Combine multiple soil samples in a single clean baggie or container and mix well.
- Submit 1 to 2 cups of soil for analysis.
Note: Do not combine different soil types or soils with significantly different drainage levels into one sample.